Swapping Homes Anybody?

NOW THAT WE'VE WALKED THE WALK, WE CAN GIVE YOU THE STRAIGHT TALK ON HOME SWAPPING. (Season 8)

Sunday, August 14, 2016

We Have Arrived!

 Well, at least in Luxembourg at our third and last destination of this summer's trip. Riding around in a beetle convertible -- an experience I haven't had in ten years since I sold my Mustang. It was just too hot in Florida to drive around with the sunny scorching down on you most of the time. And too small a car for my 6'6'' tall son who only sling himself in diagonally with the top down. Let's see what the Lux weather has to offer. And it is blue-- my color!
 Our home away from home is a turn of the century (Art Deco style) villa on 3 levels, with eight foot high ceilings and many stairs to climb in between. Well, that will be our keep fit every day. The morning room as they call it in England., the wintergarden in Germany where we have our meals.
 The stylish fireplace won't be used in the summer but makes for a cozy corner.
And here is the rest of the living room, not showing the big TV as it is on the right hand sight.
The walled in  or secret garden reminds me of the one I had in Dublin. Somebody here loves gardening, has the ideas for it, and also the green thumbs apparently. We don't mind mowing the beach towel size lawn once or twice.


No comments:

Post a Comment